Diya Decoration Ideas, Decorate your own Diyas this Diwali
Beautiful colorful diya or earthen lamps of all shapes and sizes are available in the markets during diwali time. Also known as ‘Deepak’ or ‘Deep’, the Diyas bring light to the world. Diyas are one of the most significant of Deepawali decorations and are lit in remembrance of the deceased and to worship the gods and goddesses. Diwali is the festival of lights and Diwali is the time when you can have different designs of diya. Just get those plain earther lamp diyas from the market and decorate them.
Providing below some tips to make a simple diya look beautiful and colorful:
- Diyas look more beautiful by coloring them with different colors. Use fabric paint or acrylic paint.
- Give leafy and floral patterns over the diyas using different colors.
- Use shells, beads, sequins, glass pieces stick them on diyas.
- Paint the diya with a color of your own choice and sprinkle glitters over.
- You can use ceramic clay and make beautiful shapes using the clay. Stick them on the diyas. Now paint the diyas with acrylic paint and allow it to dry completely. This would give your earthern lamp a cool look.
- You can also stick golden laces, zaris on your diyas. But care must be taken so that the wicks when lighted do not get to touch the lace or zari.
- If you want you can make your own diya by using ceramic or Plaster of Paris (POP). You can make simple bowl shape for a diya and decorate it or you will get diya moulds easily available in markets. Make beautiful diya out of it.
So paint the Diyas and light them around your house. You can place diyas of different shapes and sizes at the corner of the room. Prefer a dark corner for the assortment of diyas. The handmade diyas on which you have done your decorations look more beautiful and stunning as you light them up.
Innovative Diya Decoration Ideas
Diya decoration with an artificial rose and some dried leaves.Here beautiful paper roses and dried artificial leaves are used to decorate the diya.